Saturday, July 26, 2014

God's Family Reunion

I was so blessed in college to be a part of MANY different groups.
Each group brought something so special and different to my life.
One of those groups was Sonshine Singers.
I was able to be in the group for 3 out of my 4 years.
We sang all over the USA and even in Scotland one summer.
I knew then how many wonderful memories and fabulous people it was putting in my life, 
but it wasn't until this past weekend that I FULLY comprehended how important these people
are to my life.
The group was celebrating 30 years and held a reunion.
I was not able to go to the entire reunion, but was able to spend a little time with some of these
wonderful people that were are part of my family - God's family.

Sometimes we laugh together...

Hanging out at a mall in Virginia somewhere...

Sometimes we cry...

Kristi and I were known for bringing the same clothes on road trips!


Sometimes we share together heartaches and sighs...

Singing "I Love My Wiener Man" to a hot dog vender in DC.

Sometimes we dream together...

Vic and Me on the steps of the Capital.

of how it will be...

Singing 'Twas the Night Before Christmas

When we all get together...

Road Trippin' - again notice Kristi and I brought the same animal this time!

God's Family.

Arriving in Scotland for 2 weeks...
 15 years later...

We still love each other.


Still long to be with each other for a few more minutes.


And STILL get into things when we really should be doing something else.


So thankful for this family God has given me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...